Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rolling along...

Does time seem to be speeding up? Or is it just me? Since I have always stayed at home since Emma was born, I now really enjoy my time at home and hate to have a busy schedule! lol But now I seem to have a 3 year olds schedule - gymnastics, doctor appointments, play dates, and my usual hated shopping! I am sure a lot of you are reading at this and laughing, because I have no idea what it is going to be like in a few years. ;)

But I am blessed to be able to stay home and take care of my daughter and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I guess my little complaints come from a lot of interrupted creative time, but I have managed to get a little done this week. ;)


I loved this technique that Wendela shared at AMM this week and had to try it out! Note the chipboard frame. ;) Made with the gorgeous March kit from AMM.

I made real beauty for the fabric challenge at Basic Grey - Oh, how I would love to win those lovely Sultry fabrics!! I also combined it into a couple of other challenges - OLW and CCG 114. Maybe not having as much time this week made me think smarter? Do you spot my bobbin stitching again? and my fabric flowers?



This one I made for part of my DT entry for CCG - which I didn't make. I love how cute Emma looks with the candy we made from molds for Valentines Day. For some reason the color looks off in this photo - I will be glad when the lighting is better.



And one of my favorite photos that I took on the day of Michelle's wedding. You will be seeing this one again in a layout, I am sure!

So, thanks for listening! Hope everyone is having a great week and I'll see you soon!


Lucy

19 comments:

  1. ooh, I really love the first LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, your work is blowing me away. First, I just discovered you do mixed media and you are amazing at it! I always loved your scrapbooking, but your mixed media is AMAZING! I love the photo, too. It's so "fairy tale" and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, these are just absolutely stunning! I always love seeing you work! It was so nice to talk to you just now, I wish I could have talked longer but the vet is calling my name! I will talk to you soon!
    LOVE the picture of the flower girls...GORGEOUS...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some seriously gorgeous LO's Lucy! You are so talented and I love watching your journey into art. Can't wait to see what you do! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am so totally running out of words to say on your blog Lucy, that first LO is just awesomely stunning. they all are, as always, and the photograph HAS to appear on a LO soon!! you are easily THE most talented scrapper I know of. love all of this.
    and totally it IS gonna get worse as Emma gets older.....sorry..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lucy, I think these few LOs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful production of layouts, love the lo with the fabric and sewing, it's beautiful. I'm enjoying beeing at home with the girls too, i don't know how I'll manage when I return to work this summer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, thanks for stopping by my blog- it led me to yours! Wow, is all I have to say, I am blown away by your talent! Your layouts are truly inspiring to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww .. I feel ya .. you just want some YOU time and or more of it sounds like .. a day ALONE to just bullshyt around .. I LOVE the LO's .. surprised you did not make the CCG because you work papers soo soo good and your colors are always so fab .. dont worry .. something is coming .. when one door closes another one opens WIDE ..

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy girl! WOW! I come to your blog again and am in awe as always. That layout of Em... the rose one is so beautiful. All of them are. I especially how you did the "frame"... I hope you don't mind, but I just might take that idea. I'll give you credit! I have a picture in mind and could be using this for the Unity's World Record Blog Hop coming up.... hope that is okay! :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what talented gorgeous LO's!!! Love your sense of colour!! Beautiful wedding pic...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the girls photo. I have one like that but it is a little close up. I LOVE your layouts and the photo. Please send the photo to my email. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweetie, I'm really loving your pages! I'm totally digging the "worn" look! You never cease to amaze me! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that chipboard frame is a great idea ! beautiful colors together !

    All the Best for the BG Fabric contest !

    I am surprised too that you didnt make the CCG DT ! But don't sweat the small stuff ! that certainly leaves you more time for other opps ahead !

    & can't wait to see what you do with the flower girls photo alrite !

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such lovely LOs... love the chipboard frame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layouts! I love the one for Basic Grey.
    I also can't wait to see what you do with the flower girl pic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pages! And that photo is divine! Wow. Your work is just getting more and more beautiful everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. u're an inspiration Lucy ! =) i yearn for uninterrupted creative time too ! ha ... =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.