Sunday, February 15, 2009

February at Scrapmuse

And the rest of my layouts for Scrapmuse this month - I love this photo and the paper combinations with it! I painted some gesso around the photo so that I could show off the Fancy Pants rub-ons.



I guess I have been in the baby mood, no, I am not trying to tell you anything! ;) I used my new Slice to cut the scallop circles - Man, I love that thing! So easy to use and doesn't take up much space, either.

This layout seems so fun to me - I know I had fun making it!


Scrapmuse is having a Design Team call - check out the details here if you are interested! I wrote an article in the newsletter this month on cropping and using the rule of thirds - you can see it here.


And WOW, WOW, WOW!! This has been a fabulous week! In my last post I mentioned that I have some pieces and an article coming up in the next Sew Somerset. Well, I was also asked to write a technique article for my mixed media fabric and paper quilt - Shadows of My Past - I had it on my blog several months ago. I am still flying high!! It has been a weird week for me - busy away from home a lot and have more stuff to share later!

I signed up for this class with my friends, Gayle and Beth!! I can't wait to get messy! I have been working on my art journal this week and trying to draw some faces with limited success. ;-p

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I'll see you soon!

18 comments:

  1. You are so talented Lucy. I love your stuff... so inspiring. I will bring some of the things I got done today on Tuesday.

    And yea you published girl!!! You are famous you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your LO's are beautiful! I especially like the first one.
    Congrats on being published!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the pub, and I ove these pages, full of colors, I absolutely want colors now, I want spring and everything that comes with !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your layouts and style! Em is SOOO adorable! Wish I could spend a week scrapping with you! :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layouts are fabulous. I love all the color. great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy--loving your work! Seriously, looking at your stuff makes me happy! Congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your layouts are so beautiful...congrats on the good news about your articles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, those layouts are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Lucy on the Somerset pub !!!! You rock and so totally deserve it!!!!

    Such awesome layouts of Em!!! I just love the cardboard and the flowers you made!

    so sad about the Somerset memories book being only once a year :(!!!
    I loved that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fabulous girl .. love em ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohooo on the article and pub. Like I said before, you should have your regular column. I love those LOs, so vibrant and full of colourful details. Love it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. juar love them, esp the colors! congrats on the pub, you totally deserve it!

    and you should do the ribbon contest!!!!! do it. do it. do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pages Lucy - they are sooo much fun to peep at.
    T.x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 more fantastic layouts. The layering you use always amazes me, it is something I can never pull off myself. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wondering what you've been up to , Lucy ! ;-)

    Great to see these new creations - love how you mix things up so effortlessly !

    I have a bottle of gesso waiting to be opened up & used - not sure what I'm waiting for !

    Congrats on the Somerset pub !

    As always , if you're happy , I'm happy for you too ! lol !

    ReplyDelete
  16. always look visiting your blog ! Inspired ! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.