Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cupcakes and things...

Who doesn't like cupcakes? Em has a passion-obsession for everything cupcake. Especially the real thing, so I made these chipboard cupcakes in the February Scrapmuse kit into magnets for her to display her artwork on the refrigerator.

I did this layout with a picture of the girls trying on flower girl dresses at David's Bridal. Em loved hanging with the big girls!! Don't they all look so cute?


I played with the Pencil Lines sketch this week. I have always loved this picture of Emma - she is about 17 months old here.



And another mixed media journal - this one is on watercolor paper - I was playing with some painting techniques and a finish I saw in my Golden book - faux bee's wax. It doesn't really show here but looks good in real life.



Somerset contacted me this week and want to publish my mixed media series - Childhood Memories with a technique article in the next Sew Somerset!!! To say I am thrilled would be putting it mildly!! Hope you are all have a great week! See you soon! :)
Edited to add: OK, Call me crazy but those layouts have been really bugging me - everytime I looked at them I felt something was missing. Does anyone else do this? lol So here they are re-worked a bit and I decided to leave the old ones up to look at the difference.



Call me obsessive, but I feel much better now! ;)

19 comments:

  1. Lucy, I just love those 2 layouts, they are stunning!!! There's always so much eye candy on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job on these Lucy!!!!

    YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!! congrats on the Somerset pub, I am telling you you need to go work for them and have your own column...that is definately your calling my friend!!!!

    go Lucy, go Lucy, go go go Lucy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the cupcakes. I also adore the layout of the girls. I can not wait to see what you do as far as pictures of them on the actual wedding day. Congrats on the publishing. I know you are so excited!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are lovely layouts! cupcakes are so adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your latest creations! thanks for the inspo!!!
    And total congrats on the Somerset pub! How awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous layout with the flower girls - love how you used the BG Ambrosia papers for that subject !!!

    Great take on the Pencilline sketch too !

    & congrats on the Somerset toot !

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! Lucy on your pub!! you'll have to let me know which month they're putting it in...I've got to get me a copy!! I love what you've done with the mixed media idea!!

    ~Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love your mixed media book!! Hugs & Congrats on being pubbed by Somerset!! That is like BIG in my book and you totally deserve it girlie!! (And thanks for routing for me). You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great projects you ALWAYS have, Lucy! Such a joy to come to your blog and drool over the eye candy. I love your pages! Gorgeous, gorgeous little flower girls page. Love the strewn flower petals on that. Such a great touch. And I'm in love with your art journal page. I wish I could do that kind of thing. Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I am so so so so excited for you! YEAH! Congrats! I knew they would pick them up. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!

    I had a look at your blog and you make so many beautiful pieces.

    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, you are amazing! Love your layouts! They are beautiful! Em is so so so cute!

    Those cupcakes are adorable!

    Congrats on your Somerset pub! So cool and well deserved!

    Love your mixed media creations!!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the PUB! COOL! That mag is really your style. You should have your own article and teaching there... really I mean it! You are so talented in this area. I got to email and consult you on some ideas. Will be teaching such a class in my LSS soon! I love that BG LO.. with the orange, yellows and black. AWESOME, lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Lucy! Love all your work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these layouts are wonderful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. conon teh pub Lucy, ador ethe bridesmaid layout, and the Pencil lines layout is fab!
    hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. i knew you would get that somerset pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i love the layouts, esp the petals, so creative...they look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucy!!! I have not been here in a while!! WOW your work is amazing!! I had to scoll down the whole blog and drool!!!!!

    GORGEOUS WORK!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, you are too funny! I love seeing the before and after :-) They are all stunning! My fav is the flower girl dress one! And those cupcakes look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.