Friday, February 20, 2009

Color, RAKs and Aprons

How cute is this!!? Em was so proud that she dressed herself - note the dress is on backwards and shoes on the wrong feet. I love it!! She is getting to be a big girl - 4 in June!

Color Combos Galore is having a Design Team call, too - how fun would that be! I love their challenge site! This is for #110 the colors were chosen by the fabulous Alexis Hardy. It is a little more muted than my usual, that is one reason I like to play along with them - it makes me try new color combinations that I normally wouldn't.

And this is a photo from Em's 2nd birthday, kissing her Papa.

I made this flower with with some velvet flowers and crumpled brown paper bags - beautiful result! Gayle and I worked on some making some handmade flowers yesterday - they turned out so pretty - with glittery flowers and layers of tulle and fabric and cardboard and whatever was on hand - you know how crazy we get! ;)


My sweet mom! Doesn't she look like the cutest housewife in her apron that we made? My mom has always been a stay-at-home mom, the best, of course!

Tomorrow is my blog's 1st birthday!! Totally amazing to me - I am going to post a RAK so be sure to stop back by!! I have a ton of goodies from the studio overhaul!! Thanks so much to all of my readers!! I appreciate all of you and love to read your comments and visit your blogs, too!
Happy Friday!
Lucy

25 comments:

  1. Love that first layout. Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 4 yo too, they are so fun, sometimes (KWIM, lol)! Great pages Lucy, once again, love how you cut the paper hexagons !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, first off... Em is SO cute! Adorable!

    Second, this layout is GORGEOUS! You rocked the color challenge, love the dimension you created and what you did with the BG honey comb type of paper is awesome.

    Your second layout is adorable! You sure have a cute subject to scrap :)

    I am sure I can say a BUNCH more... but we'll make it short and simple: YOU ROCK!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. Brings back memories. Perfectly capture everyday moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there!! Great layouts...and LOVE that Color Combo blog...will have to remember that one.

    And hey..is that a new blog header? LOVE IT!!
    ~PattiHutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is a doll, and I absolutely love that LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout and your mom is so cute...love the apron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Em has such beautiful curls in her hair ! Such a doll ! we asians can only admire ! lol

    Love what you did in that first layout ! hilarious pic !

    & Happy 1st Blogger - versary ! lol !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy...how cute is your Mom??? Proudly showing off her apron! Love your color challenge LO! The honeycomb shapes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That colour combo LO looks great, and what a cute pic, she sure looks proud!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Happy blog birthday to you, Lucy! That's kinda exciting! I just love this whole blog thing. So much fun to share and to keep up with people. I really feel like I've made some friends from it all.
    I love your pages. Your handmade flowers are awesome. And your color combo page is stunning. I love the detailing. Love how you used that BG paper. Good luck on the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Em is so adorable Lucy! I love the pic of her with the dress backwards and the shoes...too cute!!!

    You always make such beautiful pages I love them both!

    What a sweet apron your mom made. She looks great in it!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the color combo and I love the flowers you guys made....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wassup Ms. Fabulous .. how you doing, besides crankin out bomb azz layouts .. love em .. that first one was fab.

    hugs Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gret pages. I espcially love the first one. The apron rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mom is so cute in your apron! Love your layouts as always, lucy! You're handmade flowers sound gorgeous - I hope you'll post them :-) GL with the color combos DT call - you'd be an amazing addition to any team... you know i'm a huge fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love what you do here... the cute brown paper flower is sooo cute. I got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lucy. I love the layout of your daughter, where she dressed herself,lol. It's just So cute. I was just told (via a friend)about your blog. I'm now officially addicted! I'm learning lots of good, creative ideas thanks to you. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Julia! Hopefully we can get together one of these days with Steph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on your one year anniversary! I love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute pages! And your mom is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday! Those flowers are so beautiful! I can't believe you're planning on parting with them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. these layouts are stunning!! Beautiful job with the Basic Grey line!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the photos. Em is so adorable in that pic :) And I love those flowers you made. They turned out awesome. The apron your mom is wearing is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.