Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some new mixed media

I have been feverishly working on some pieces to submit to Sew Somerset by the deadline this month. (along with the major overhaul in my studio) Do you ever feel like you can't stop your brain? Overdrive! lol I think it might be actually called AAD? But anyway, here they are - I am really proud of this little set! I am hoping Somerset will like them, too and offer me another technique article. Sorry for the poor photo quality, the light just wasn't right this morning - I had to get these early before I mailed them out.
Just a brief overview of the techniques I used: my theme - techniques and similar materials and a childhood remembered theme, painted fabric - I painted on a piece of canvas with layers of acrylic paint and stamps and used selections of this in every piece, stitching on cardboard and photos printed on transparencys. All in all - tons of fun!! :)

Otherwise, not much going on with me, just trying to finish up my cleaning - hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon. ;) I bought a ladder bookcase at Lowes this weekend to have some decorative storage and a place to display my work.

Also wanted to thank everyone for you comments about the CMK DT call. I hope that I don't sound like a whiner. I have been really impressed with what I saw on a friends blog regarding leaving a DT - she spoke of sharing good and bad, success and failures. That really spoke to me as I feel the same way. I so appreciate all of your comments and it makes me feel good that you care enough to support me!! So thank you!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! See you soon!

28 comments:

  1. Lucy, these are amazing and I know Somerset will be picking them up. Your style is so perfect for their publications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Lucy! LOVE them so creative! Good luck with Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, this is beautiful work!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous!!! I love them all...they would be silly not to give you a pub!
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always such a sweetheart commenting on my blogpost so I am really trying to be just as good =) Because I am reading your blog and I am always amazed with all the beautiful creations you do. You are simply fantastic. Everything you mix is just so dang beautiful! Somerset just has to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no end to your talents - what AMAZING projects, Lucy! For sure Somerset will want them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are amazing, Lucy! I am so impressed that you can make so many beautiful things in such a short time. Hope every single one gets picked up because it deserves to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. U do fabulous work Lucy, u should be proud of yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic projects!! And dang girl..your projects rocked..I seriously thought you were a shoe in. And you aren't a whiner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lucy these a super fabulous!!!
    Good luck on the pub call, You most definitely deserve to be in there books!!!!!!

    I just sent you a little email....Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy,

    I love every one of the pieces, such a great theme. Your work is beautiful as always. The texture and variety of technique is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lucy! Those are AMAZING! Simply wonderful! If they don't snatch those up, I will faint from surprise. I'm putting you on my sidebar so I can visit often for inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all stunning, Lucy!!
    Amazing work!!
    (And by the way, I thought for sure you'd make the CMK DT. I totally know how you feel, as I felt the same way last June when I made it to the last round of their Last Scrapper Standing contest and didn't win a spot on the DT. But I stuck around and now this time, I got it. So, I'm just encouraging you to stick around at CMK-- and I love seeing you and your inspiring work there!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these are awesome. I went to a stamp show this Sunday, as I do every year and I got some new stamps...this time I will use them to make stuff for me.
    I saw that Emily is doing 52Q. I love it. It will be perfect to do something like you are doing!
    Here is the link:
    http://embers.typepad.com/e/2009/01/52q-beginsa-year-of-questions-and-answers.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creations all , Lucy !

    The last 3 are particularly striking to me !

    BG call ? - no way - not for me ! lol . You go for it , grrl !

    ReplyDelete
  16. These turned out so well. I love how you are able to focus and turn out such amazing pieces even amidst your organizing project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous work! Utterly amazing!!!!!! I have no doubt that Somerset will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really beautiful! I really like your art!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are beautiful pieces you have created.
    my compliments

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow.. these are amazing.. love the mixed stuffy you put together. Really loving each of them. I paused so long at each cos I want to see every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jeesh, does the creativity come out of you like crazy or what? I LOVE this so much!!!

    How is the organization by color going? That is really ambitious, LOL.

    Hugs!
    Michelle @ AMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. wowser! These are gorgeous. I have playing with that corrugated cardboard but have never tried stitching on it. these pieces are fabulous and I love the one with the pic of Em.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is quite amazing! After discovering you, I wanted to go back and catch up on some of your archives, and WOW! I know you will make the publication with this:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.