Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Colors....

I posted a peek of my other layouts I created for Scrapmuse this month where I added one color to each black and white layout. Today was the reveal and the newsletter is out! Guess who is the featured member spotlight? Yours truly! If you want to read about me and see all of the great organizational tips and layouts from the other DT members go here. My article on black and white is there, too.

This has to be my favorite photo of me and Em. The edge of the blue paper is a Martha Stewart punch.


I used the CI paper as a mask and a mist I made from a re-inker -I think it is plum by Ranger. And sprayed some of my scraps to punch these little flowers.


And one with paint - you know that is my favorite thing, lately. I even painted behind the transparency that is revealed in the tears. This is an older photo of Em, obviously. ;)



OK, she looks way TOO old here!! Pretending she is a model. I love the way the yellow pops.

And a close-up to show the dimension on this one:



And I know you are sick of hearing this, but I am still organizing. lol I am finally seeing an end in sight! Yesterday I found a great old buffet-china cabinet that will fit perfectly behind my desk!! Mark is going to pick it up tomorrow - so that now there will be no excuse - he says. LOL

I have been really creative this week - just finishing my 6th layout for this week!! Yay! I can't tell you what a relief it is to be able to finish a project and move on. I used to agonize over every detail and now I guess I am more confident in my style and just try to go with it. It's only paper! :) Hope you are all having a creative week! See ya!

9 comments:

  1. amazing works here my dear... your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is so beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are stunning, Lucy! I really love this b&w with one color mixed in theme. Amazing how it makes everything really pop. Congrats on your Scrapmuse spotlight. Totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, send me some of that creative mojo cuz I need a kick in the butt to get creating, lol. And when you are done organizing you can come visit me and my mess ;) These layouts are fabulous. Love all the b&w and the pic of you and Em on the floor is awesome. Congrats on the spotlight on Scrapmuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 6 this week? That is awesome, lucy! All those layouts are stunning! Big congrats on LOTD at CMK today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow and black layout!!! Your work has been totally inspring me. Thank you!!!

    Michelle @ AMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting all those layouts done!!! Your layouts are awesome I love the way you use colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the b&w with one color ! Love the yellow with b&W especially !

    I must try it again soon perhaps .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.