Sunday, January 18, 2009

Challenges....to myself...

As a lot of people have probably noticed there is a design team call going on at Bad Girls. As I debated trying out (lol), I set myself a challenge with their new January kit. To make 4 layouts in a quick turn around - I received my kit on Wednesday afternoon and finished these up Friday morning. Also to do some multi-photo and not all of only Emma! Here are my results - I also made them in mind to play with a couple of challenge sites that I like.

One of me and Em - I added some silver paint and pen work to accent - love the buttons and flowers that came with the kit!


Embrace is the word at One Little Word this week. I misted a piece of stripped cardboard with coffee Tattered Angels and painted on some swirls and gold highlights.

So loving playing with the Tim Holtz grungeboard in the kit!! I have used distress embossing powder, crackle paint and glimmer mist on this one. Also played with some paper pleating that I inserted and stitched down. I masked the ferns in the background by using the negative grungeboard after I punched out the large fern - turned out pretty cool, I think! Masking was the technique at Method Playground.


Scrapping the Music - Can I just say how inspiring it is to work from a song! This week the song is Pictures of You by The Last Goodnight - I immediately thought of this photo - especially with the lyrics 'pictures of you, pictures of me, remind us all of how we used to be.' Kind of bittersweet in a way but I love to remember when my family was all together and how happy we were. The hinges lift to reveal the journaling.


I know you are sick of this, I know I am, but the orgainzing is still ongoing!! But I am almost finished!! Yay!! So, back to work! Have a great week!! Happy Crafting! :)

22 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Love how you used the mist in different ways. Thanks for playing along & good luck w/ the Bad Girls if you decide to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! I think that you are better than you give yourself credit for on tight deadlines! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock, girl! These are all amazing, but I seriously am in LOVE with that last one! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, these are so beautiful! I love how you pleated the fabric under the corners of the layout...

    What an awesome layout of your family growing up! such a priceless picture and layout...perfect song for it too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there.. I kinda just randomly found your blog.. love the gorgeous LOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI there, found you from the Method Playground post, love your work, the pleating in the corners of the one page of Jenni Bowlin paper is stunning. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, and great job with the mist. I love the hinges on your LO too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definitely try out for Bad Girls DT. Your work rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with this kit!!
    You're applying for their DT, right? You totally should-- I'm cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great challenge to use up the kit that fast! I need to do that. Beautiful layouts, Lucy.
    The stamps I got are from Invokearts.com
    http://invokearts.com/stamps/8761
    http://invokearts.com/stamps/8540
    There were so man,y that I wanted...the lady owner, was great and demonstrated some awesome techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool your pages are, Lucy! I love the way you incorporate so many artsy techniques into your work with all the different mediums that you use. I find that so very inspiring. LOVE the paper pleating, looks so amazing. And love the Webster's Pages I spy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic layouts!!!! You should try out for it! It never hurts at least!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really think that you should give it a go, you never know unless you try..seriously I would pick you if I ever had a DT .. so go for it. IN the mean time those layouts are fabulous..and I love em .. I really need to try this mist .. never done it.. and I am afraid I might get addicted like I am to my butterfly punch LOLOL .. thank for stopping in and showing me love boo .. I appreciate it ...

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the techniques on these layouts! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your designs are gorgeous!!! you always inspire me girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the photos you have of your little girl and she is looking back. They are gorgeous.
    Music is great for pulling out memories and emotions hey.
    have fun with whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely!!! I love the last one it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layouts Lucy! 4 layouts in less than 3 days? While organinzing and taking care of your daughter? Keep us posted on what you decide to do with Bad Girls and good luck if you go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love the work you did on the grungeboard. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  20. I debate with myself too.. But I think you def. should go for it. I mean you rocked the jan. kit and you are an awesome scrapper or crafter rather cause you´re creativty is great =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are all such beautiful layouts , Lucy ! Gorgeous colors - so refreshing !

    BG would be so lucky to have you , Lucy !!! The process of trying out is tiresome - you don't need to have to keep proving yourself for one as good as you are ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!!!! Gorgeous layouts! LOve your take on the OLW challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.