Thursday, January 8, 2009

Art Journal and still organizing....

I started my art journal this week. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and now feel a real need for - I have been so inspired by Somerset's new pub - Art Journals - if you get the chance to look at it, I think you will be, too!


My journal is made from 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of watercolor paper and I will sew the pages into a old book binding as I go - kind of like what Robin Marie Smith does with her journals.

So, here are the first pages - I am not sure if I will always share all of them, as some may be really personal. I used the prompts from OLW and Scrapping the Music to create these.

I used glimmer mists and masking on this and some golden fluid acrylic with a piece of mesh - and shaded with charcoal on this page where I used the word prompt from OLW - Start.


On this page I collaged some torn book pages with watered down PVA glue then washed with my faves - Golden Fluid Acrylics - I used gesso mixed with a little color and a foam stamp for the dots. The song from Scrapping the music was Hands by Jewel and I journaled the lyrics highlighting the ones I wanted to accent. On the side is some Kaffe fabric and some pic of me that Em took.
On another note - I didn't make the DT at CMK - but congrats to the ladies who did. It is hard not to take these things personally but I know Lisa picked the best team for her. So big Congrats to the new team! I am looking forward to being inspired!! And there is always next time! :)


I am still working on the DISASTER! lol No, seriously, I need to get that wrapped up so I can scrap soon!! I decided to arrange by color - with drawers by color for embellishments - little jars for flowers and buttons and paper by color - that is how I create anyway so I hope it works for me. I will post some pictures when I get it finished. (If that ever happens!) I think I need to purge more........Talk to you soon!!

23 comments:

  1. your journal is clearly going to be gorgeous Lucy, and I can't believe you didn't make the DT- that's someone else's loss though, you're probably too good anyway....lol
    seriously, good luck for next time.
    Happy New Year btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal! You have quite an artistic flair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better not DARE take it personal girl, you are oh so awesome and like you said it HAD TO OF BEEN hard for her ..remember what I said on 2 Jan on my blog, you are the bomb and you ROCK and your time will come babygirl, just keep at it and keep submitting, us 5'10 Divas gotta stay strong LOLOL..had to throw that in there.

    Love that journal holy smokes, I soo need to get into do that and just going with itmore, and that paint what is that? You melt my scrappy heart me love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went in and addded some info on the paints I used on my journal pages - The most fabulous paints in the world - Golden Fluid Acrylics!! IMO - they are a little pricey so I have slowly been building my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is way cool. i am sorry you didn't get a spot, you know i am a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry bout the CMK DT....but loveeeeeeeeee the pages U made!!! LOVEEEEEEEEE how U did the lyrics across the page!! Thanks for playing with us at STM! :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! looks like you are having lots of fun with that journal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, I am sooo sorry. I am with Kaz...definitely a loss for them...you are amazing and don't take it personally....I myself think you would be a AWESOME candidate for the somerset team...Yes, they need to get a dt team because you would be the top one on the list!!!!!!!!!!

    You rock my friend, and thats just the way it is!!!!!!!!!!


    Very cool idea with the journaling book...I did see that mag but I put it down for the next time to buy because I picked up Somerset In Love.....I couldn't resist!!!
    LOVE ANYTHING SOMERSET !!!!!
    I will be emailing you for technique advice this weekend my friend! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy I am loving your work here!! Such great stuff... your journal is fast on it's way to being completely fabulous. It's great to see your work at STM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes don't take not being selected for the DT at CMK personally at all , Lucy ! Altho'I would understand if you're disappointed !

    Looking at the DT selection - there seems to be a similar theme in styles selected to me . Frankly other kit companies might be a much better fit for you IMHO at this point in time - like AMM ,Bad Girls , Label Tulip etc

    Or better still save yourself for some Manufacturers' DTs . ack !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the pages you ahve don so far for your journal. Thanks for playing along with us over at STM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweetness!! that is just GORGEOUS!
    and I want you to keep in mind...that when one door closes another door opens ok. Just keep that in your head because other opportunities arise when you least expect them to!

    Ohhh and something that I think you would totally dig for an art journal are these totally killer canvas books by C&T. I just got some in the mail last week and they are awesome! http://www.ctpub.com/client/client_pages/sites/rtgbcb_index.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know i'm a huge fan of yours, too! I would have loved to have seen you on there, but not making the team doesn't make you any less amazing! Can't wait to see more of your art journal - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ART journal looks awesome! There will be a DT just right for you! Meanwhile, keep creating your masterpieces. You know I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art journal pages are SO cool, Lucy! I love all the techniques you use on your projects and all the different mediums. It's so very inspiring to me as I don't often use those art supplies.
    Sorry about the CMK team. Better things will come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on the CMK thing. everyone! - I am totally fine with it and wish the best for the team there.

    I really appreciate my supporters!! You guys made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your work, Lucy! Amazing amazing amazing! I must say that when I read that you didn't make the CMK team, I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED. Wow, I thought for SURE you would make it. I am sorry :( Something else will come along your way. You just watch ;)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful journal! I love the way you spread the lyrics to the song over the page! Thanks for playing along at STM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The DT is not all, I mean, I have a few other persons that I "spy" regularly and you've entered my team, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about the DT thing, but TOTALLY love your creation! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. STUNNING WORK!! I love love love your journal!
    Very creative! Thanks for playing with us at STM!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your art journal pages! The one for STM is gorgeous. Love the colors and the way you did the journaling. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry you didn't make the team. They really missed out. That's for sure. You keep on creating and submitting. I LOVE what you've been doing!

    Oh, I just read Sasha's comment and are you 5'10? Because I am too. How funny. Tall girls rawk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.