Friday, January 30, 2009

Aprons, Beads and things.....

Or whatever....this has been a very eclectic week, even for me! Sewing, painting, scrapbooking - a multi media week for sure. So to start a layout:

I have been so inspired by Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts and playing with some mixed media background and used this one for this layout. Her book is fabulous - you should definitely read it if you get the chance. Great step-by-step techniques, too.


Then sewing - my mom came over Wednesday afternoon and we made 3, yes 3 aprons! She took hers home before I got a photo but here are mine and Em's - we match of course. ;)

And a close-up of the cute retro fabric: It is called Peas and Carrots - too cute!


Then, paper beads - Gayle and Nan came over and helped me mess up the studio making these - they look so much prettier in real life - just rolled paper beads dipped in UTEE and wrapped with fiber and micro beads and more UTEE - SO FUN!!!!


I played with Photo Shop this week with this magical picture that I took at the bridal shop last week when we went shopping for flower girl dresses. This isn't the dress we got, but I loved the red bow!!! You will be seeing it again in a layout I am sure!

And last, but certainly not least - I have a layout in this issue of Memories! A mixed media painted background layout that I called - Dance.


So, I think cleaning out my studio was kind of good for the mojo! I am also playing with some mixed media paintings that I'll share next week. My brain is overflowing with ideas right now! Gotta run!! See you all soon and thanks for visiting me!

13 comments:

  1. Lucy, I love the bridal shop pic. She was sitting so pretty. I did not remember any of the girls sitting that still. :) If any of the pics of all of the girls turned out good, please send me them.
    sdgillyard@gmail.com
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pieces...and i love those aprons...also the paper beads are eccentric and unique...love em!!! finally...that picture (not sure if shes your daughter, neice, ect) that is just such a incredibly darling photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, girl, you have so many talents!! The LO is awesome, as well as the aprons and beads (I think I need to try those!). Big congrats on the toot, I can't wait to check it out! And thanks so much for helping me with the pic about blogger photos - I did what you suggested and it worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pub.... and I love all that you created... the fun part with UTEE, beads is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooovvvvvvvveeee the Soar LO!! Congrats on another pub! And the pic of her in that mirror.....she is so beautiful. I wish I had a little girl to have matching aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling dress photo and your matching aprons are so adorable!! I used to make matching apron sets when my daughter was little and I still do it today!! Huge Congrats on the pubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous picture of Em!!!!

    I saw your layout in my new Somerset, you go girl! I am so proud of you! I was showing all my friends again!!!

    The layout of Em with the kite is absolutely fabulous! You amaze me girl...I did look at that book the other day at Barnes and Noble but I didn't buy it yet. I was gonna grab it this week!

    Have a great weekend Lucy!

    P.S..your matching aprons are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your girl is gorgeous!! and i need to make aprons for my girls too. Thanks for reminding.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your girl is gorgeous!! and i need to make aprons for my girls too. Thanks for reminding.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so amazing! I say it all the time, but you are!!! :) Beautiful work!! I think that YOU should have your own book :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been a busy creative bee! I love everything you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those aprons are so adorable. You have to get a pic of you and Em wearing them. That would be so cute. Love the picture of her in the dress.......so pretty. Big congrats on the layout in Somerset Memories...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chubby dress. It is so cute on that beautiful girl.

    And the aprons are too cute as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.