Monday, December 15, 2008

December at Scrapmuse

The December newsletter has just come out from Scrapmuse and I have to say I think it is one of the best yet! There are so many great articles, technique and holiday. Of course I might be a little biased seeing as I wrote the technique article. ;D Here is the link for the newsletter if you get a chance to take a peek - December Newsletter.


I wanted to share my other projects that I made with the kit this month, too. This one is an older photo of Em and her friend, Payton. I used the edge of the decorative paper as a mask and misted with glimmer mist to get the fancy border on this page. The photo edge is a digi by Sandi Kreiger called French Laundry.


I realized that I haven't made many or any layouts with just Mark - so here it is - he said he didn't want millions of people looking at his picture - I told him that was a sure bet - maybe thousands, not millions. lol - I stamped the stars (Autumn Leaves) on a transparency and cut them out.

My grandmother at 18 - wasn't she beautiful? I used the glimmer mist with the little trees to try to make some shadow leaves behind the flowers I cut out.



And Emma and her Papa taking a ride on the RTV on Thanksgiving. Those smiles look alike to me. :D


My blogging friend, Sue - gave me this fun award! Thanks, Sue!! Sue's blog has tons of neat stuff - mixed media, quilting, journaling!!
It seems like the closer it gets to Christmas the crazier things get - I really don't like that because I want some time to just focus on the real reason for Christmas, Jesus. I have finished up most of my shopping and my mom has been so sweet to watch Emma for me some. It is hard to shop with a 3 year old - as most of you know! Hope you all have a wonderful beginning to your week and have some peace and joy come your way this holiday season.

14 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy, I love all the layouts, but i really like the one of your grandmother, the glimmer mist is really pretty behind the flowers and it gives alot of depth. Congratulations on all your articles i am so excited for you, i bought the magazine with your article so you could sign it for me! Miss Seeing You and hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lucy,

    You make awesome stuff.. specially the LO from your husband :D
    He can be proud of you!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the page with your grandmother, beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowee!!!! I love what you did with the Kit Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layouts, Lucy!
    You have such a great style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty layouts! I have a little Payton, spelled the same way! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages, Lucy! Love the one of your grandmother, especially. Love the masking technique, too. One of these days, I need to get my hands on some of that glimmer mist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lucy on the article! Beautiful layouts as always my friend. Great job with the layout of Mark. I have a very hard time getting Bryan to cooperate with the camera too!
    Precious pic of your Grandma too, such a treasure to be able to have these photos to look back on.
    Oh and that little beautiful Em! She is just simply darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy wow - all your creations are totally drool worthy! seriouly fabulous work and tell your DH that his mug to millions is handsome and he shouldn't be so shy *wink*. Love your work!!! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again! Just checked out the ScrapMuse newsletter. You did an awesome job on your technique article. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lucy! I'm loving that heritage page you posted today. It's so beautiful. Have a great day!
    Amy Tara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought I would pop and say hello. Followed the link form Patrica's bloggy and I like your scrapping style. Congrats on the pub!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous layouts, Lucy!! Too funny about your hubby's comment, lol. So nice that you mom is helping watch emma so you can shop - i'm with you - it is sooo much easier without the kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.