Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Faves and Reflecting

When I started this blog back in February I never imagined that I would grow to love my little blog and my readers so much! The year has flown by so I thought I would pick out a few of my faves to share. It was so hard to pick these and I had to make myself stop! ;)

Favorite Layouts of 2008 - not in any particular order: but I have to say the mixed media ones are on top for a reason.









This is the first year that I have really devoted myself to creating and trying to nurture that part of me that is so longing to escape. Keeping this blog has been like an art journal for me - looking back, I can see trends in my work and how it is ever changing and growing. It is a wonderful feeling! I only hope that next year can be so much fun!!
I am not really the type to set new year resolutions but here are some things I personally want to focus on in 2009 - create every day, take better care of myself (exercise and diet), be the best mom and wife that I can be. 2008 was a year of firsts for me - first blog, design team, publishing, feeling freedom in my art. Guess I just have to wait and see what the future holds!
Wishing all of my friends and family a very happy and wonderful new year! May you find the time to listen to your inner voice and let that creativity out to play!

16 comments:

  1. Those first 3 layouts are absolutely gorgeous Lucy! I love them! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! those are all amazing layouts lucy, i love all of it.
    have a wonderful new year celebration and a blessed year to come!!!!!

    adora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous pages, Lucy! I have really enjoyed getting to know you a bit this year. I, too, am cherishing this whole blogging thing and the connections that I'm making.
    I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Lucy!!!
    I absolutely love all of these pages,,,I see why you had such a hard time picking just one!!!!
    I am so glad I found you on AMM this year...You are such a treasure to me I feel like I have known you forever. Thank you for all your kind comments, helpful hints and friendship....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i def feel like i have gotten to know you a lot the past month and i am so glad! i always enjoy coming here and seeing your creations b/c i love love love every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happ New year Lucy!
    I love your selection of layouts and many of my favourites from you are amongst them. I look forward to see much more of your stuff over the coming year

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year!!! Fantastic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are absolutely stunning. wow! i'd say you met your creative goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layouts! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! what a great year of crafting & blogging for you , Lucy ! Here's to scaling new creative heights in 2009 !

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy New Year Lucy-the layouts are wonderful-Especially the @your Life' one-It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing your favs!! They're all amazing! I think "she's 3" is my fav of yours :-) Sounds like it's been a year of great growth for you, lucy - I hope next year continues to move onward and upward for you! Happy new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! Absolutely stunning layouts girl!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Lucy!!!! My favorite is the lo with the cardboard.

    I hope that 2009 brings you lots of creative opportunities, love, happiness and health!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.