Monday, November 10, 2008

MMM and Dans ma maison il y a...

I decided to combine my project for Mixed Media Monday and Dans ma Maison this week. MMM was - the Human body or parts thereof and Dans ma Maison was a house of course with words - at least that was my poorly interpreted french.

I tried a couple of things that I really liked the results of on my house. The black-brown texture is embossing powder and the gold chandelier is by 7 gypsies - the door is polymer clay with a gate stamp rubbed with stain and then highlighted with some new gold ink I just bought that is wonderful!!! The edge of the house is the metal book edges cut in 1/2 by 7 gypsies - I used a charcoal pencil for some depth and shading.

I think I am going to do a little house theme for a while - it was very inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Happy Monday!

21 comments:

  1. beautiful, love all elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put it together, very clever piece of work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Like that chandelier!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Another beautiful piece! I love all the different mediums you used on this...so unique and yet coming together to make such a lovely work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created such a wonderful piece with so many interesting elements, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did this. It is just wonderful. The texture and the chandelier are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, your house is gorgeous! Love that chandelier! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy you have done a wonderful work, love your house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layout and design are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this house! The details have wonderful symbolisms. Great submission. More, more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous house, lots to see and explore in the detial

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you mixed the two challenges! And your house turned out spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very cool, Lucy! The chandelier is perfect for this, and love the metal room, too. When I first read about the body parts, I have to admit that it sounded strange, but I love what you've done. So artsy. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZERS this is simply amazing! I love all the elements you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lunaplume-d-oiseau.overblog.comNovember 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM

    it's very beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is gorgeous! Love how you did the embossing powder on it and the little rooftop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.