Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mind Wide Open - Beloved

This month's image at Mind Wide Open made me instantly think of a window - then the prompt was beloved and the lady seemed to have a wistful expression - so this is my result. It is approx. 8x10 in size.

My process went something like this - I started by printing the image onto a transparency and then with acrylic paint - back painted the details of her face and then her body to make the woman stand out more. Then I collaged a background on watercolor paper with stamped tissue, book pages and paint - then attached the image to the collage. Then I used gesso to paint around the windows and sprinkled glitter on the window frame and 'icicles for some icy shine. These glittery evergreen branches added the finishing touch of a snowy landscape - in my mind.


I so enjoyed playing with the creative process on this project - if you have time go look at the other entries on the Mind Wide Open site! They are amazing! (you can go vote for the one you like best)

Happy Sunday morning everyone!! Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left for Emma about her bird houses in the previous post! She was so excited when I read them to her and told her about the ladies liking her work! It really made my day and her's too!! :)

15 comments:

  1. I love your entry. It was my husband's favorite. After he told me I threw myself onto the floor and had a fit of jealousy until he picked mine, but in the end, I agreed with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece of work - good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful artwork love the frozen look and the way it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece Lucy - the shivery, wintery feel really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! Yours is amazing! SO original! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy! My jaw is hanging open at your project here! WOW doesn't even begin to touch this fabulous piece.
    I realized after I posted to you last time, that I knew you already before CMK.....from inspireME! No wonder you looked so familiar! Duh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! it is always so fun to see what everyone comes up with on the art challenge.
    thanks for stopping by my blog. so very nice of you to have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first thought was " Oh I love this!" It's so striking..even more so IRL. I lovwe your detail in coloring the face and background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Lucy, love the wintery theme of it, great idea. good luck in the challenge!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous piece of work Lucy!
    You are truly amazing with your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work, Lucy! I just love how it came out, and I appreciate you sharing your process in creating it, too!

    Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have captured an icey winters day so beautifully here, wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.