Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shadows of my Past

I wanted to share this mixed-media art quilt I recently made using a photo of my great-grandmother, Helen Netcott Main. She was probably around 19 in this photo - I thought the silhouette was stunning! I wish I could see what she is holding in her hands.
I printed the photo onto Extravorganza and layered it over paper and fabric and quilted everything together. There are layers of tulle, rub-ons and stitched down chipboard letters, too.


This week our challenge in Top Designer is to make an altered project, so, Nan & I hit the thrift stores yesterday and got some goodies!! I have been feverishly working today on my project! I am happy with the result so far. We'll see! lol

11 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this!! So very sweet and mystical even. I can NOT wait to see your assignment! You are bound to have something extra special up those creative sleeves, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is absolutely awesome......i think she's holding a little puppy.....love every single thing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lucy!! I'm always amazed by your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the coolest piece of art, AMAZING lucy, simply Amazing!!
    I sent you an email...check you mail when you get a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, this is just wonderful, I love what you have put together. Let me know when you finish your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Lucy...you are one very talented lady :) I think it looks like she is holding a puppy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No maybe she is holding a shoe??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lucy!!!!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are so incredible lucy! Love love love the mixed media work you do - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! very beautiful art!

    :)
    candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.