Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mind Wide Open - Ooh-la-la

I participated in the Mind Wide Open challenge this month. Nan and I were crafting late one night this week and it suddenly hit us to just do it and have some fun - so I completed this project in less than an hour and while it is kind of simple for me - I really like it! :)

I started this mixed media quilt by printing the image onto fabric and layering it onto organza that I stamped a damask pattern on and a french dictionary page. The entire piece is quilted together with a base of decorative fabric, batting and paper. Then the flowers and trim were added. The title is a rub-on, hence the name - Ooh-la-la!


Mind Wide Open is a fun monthly challenge site that gives everyone the same image to work with and then people vote for their favorites. (hint, hint) The winner receives a coupon from the Shabby Cottage Studio.

I just finished my LO for Top Designer and uploaded it to Bad Girls and am working on some other new stuff to share later this week! Have a great day! :)

12 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Lucy!! Just so beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I love all the dreamy layers in your piece. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you'd post about this soon! You did a phenomenal job; I love the fabric and the beautiful flowers. HEY - good luck in the Bad Girls challenge! I'm going to pop over there right now and see what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun working on this project with you! I love the way yours turned out. The blue damask was a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for comment on my blog, I love the way that you use fabric and paper together, and you teach me a new word - velvet, I did not know the word for the fabric I used for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so beautiful - I absolutely love it. So delicate and charming. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across this Lucy, ooh la la indeed, beautiful job with the image transfer and fabrics, such a delicate piece:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, you amaze me!!! This is simply gorgeous...I think I might try this with some of the old pictures I have of my Grams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Ooh-la-la! Love the damask printing. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful work! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.