Monday, August 25, 2008

MMM - Recycle - Repurposed

This weeks challenge at Mixed Media Monday is Recycle-Repurpose. I made a gift card tin that a recycled into a little treasure box.



I used alcohol inks over the entire box first then collaged a quote and some flowers. The butterfly is made by stamping onto Textura - it is angelina before it is shredded - and hit with a the heat gun to crumple. The leaf impression was made by stamping into some air dry clay and painting with metallic paint and gold wax rub. I tied some fibers around the top of the box to finish.

Just got my September kit from Scrapmuse and have been busily creating!! We are going out of town to visit my family in Missouri this week, so I will be gone for about 10 days! I'll be checking in and have some new LOs to show when I return. :)

See you later!

22 comments:

  1. This piece is awsome!!! The effect of the butterfly is amazing. never heard of textura before, must check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a treasure. I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and textures on your tin - very beautiful!
    The chenille WAS a bit of a pain, but very worth the effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really cool idea Lucy! I love all the textures you did on this tin.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Lucy. I've never heard of using the Angelina fibre like this but I love the effect. There is a textural richness to the tin that is so engaging!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous!! You are so amazing with your mixed media stuff, Lucy! I'm always excited to see what you will make next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always looking forward to see your entry. it's always beautiful and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty Lucy! I love the textures and the colors. You are amazing. DT work ,getting this done and preparing for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a wonderful little treasure box, Lucy! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful piece! I love all the textural effects you've created! A wonderful treasure box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh.. lovely.. an heirloom!! the alcohol inks really made it look so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy...this is gorgeous. I love those colors and all the texture. Love how you did the leaf impression :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tin!!! And that is one of my favourite quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome piece. I saw it the other day when I was looking at all the uploads. The colors are phenomenal. The butterfly and leaf are awesome!!! You do incredible mixed media art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the recycled look. It is perfect for our altered project. The quote is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This little box is so wonderful, I love it, and your colours is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucy ... This is truly a beautiful piece of work, the colours,textures, amazing result with the Angelina fibre:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it Lucy, hey you didn't tell us over a g-inspired you were going away LOL!!!Hope you are having a great time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.