Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August PHutch Sketches

I decided to change up the 2 -12x12 LO this month and make it into a 6x12 - kind of a mixed media experiment. I washed the background paper with acrylic paint and some texture paste - then distressed my pictures and embellishments with gesso. Love these photos!

I have tons of photos from when Em was a baby, because I didn't scrapbook then - so thought I would start pulling some of them out while I still remember what was going on at the time! lol She was 5 months old here and so chubby. Aren't those faces adorable? Emma has always had a very expressive face - like me, I guess. It certainly isn't from her dad! lol My mom is holding her - I can't belive how many photos I have where someone was holding Em and I just cut their heads off. Sounds like a child centered mom to me. Hmmmm...

Just a simple, cute round card - somehow I couldn't get the colors to come out right in the photo here.


You can see what the other DT members did this month and the original sketches here....if you would like to try one for yourself. ;)


Also I need to thank my dear friend, Kaz again for this award. Evidently she didn't see where I posted it last month! lmao Thank you, Thank you, Kaz for this ingenious award!!! ;)

6 comments:

  1. OMG I'm sorry, I have the memory of a gnat......LMAO
    you are welcome....again......LOL

    gorgeous work btw, love your latest additions. :) ingenious....and lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, Em's cheeks are so cute and chubby, I LOVE them! Don't you just love playing with gesso?! I just started playing around with it after looking at some of Hilde Jamborers layouts, I love the way it looks and adds so much texture! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts!! Em is so adorable! :) Love your card too!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO with lots of happy colours and elements in harmony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only Kaz..........I am so laughing about that.

    Love how you did your top layout and how clever you were to change it up from the sketch. That layout of Em when she was just wee is awesome. I remember when Montana was chubby like that. She is so cute in the pic. Love the card...I think you should do more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.