Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mixed Media Monday

I have been wanting to try to combine my scrapbooking and love of mixed media so I thought I would try to start doing some of the challenges at Mixed Media Monday.

I began working on a piece of chipboard, using a stencil and rubbing molding paste through it and after it was dry a coat of gesso. I have several layers of paint that are stenciled or drybrushed on and wiped away to give a sheet layer. The photo was soaked in water and then the edges sanded to remove the emulsion and then painted with a wash of Golden acrylic. The words are rub-ons and the tiles are Scrabble tiles. The felt lace at the bottom is by Prima, as are the black jewels. The fabric tab is by Amy Butler and I sewed it on and added a brad by CI.


It was freeing to work so messily and to just let the project go where it wanted. I will definitely try this again! Happy 4th, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely awesome. Fabulous background.
    Really unique piece. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, this is GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you came to play on Mixed Media Monday. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I found your layout, and your blog, through SIS. Just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I liked it. =)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is gorgeous, LOVE that pic of your daughter, she's so beautiful. it's perfect for the theme too. If you were on the forum this would be "Art of the Week" as I love it, really gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout. So beautiful. Thanks for the tip on Mixed Media Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, thanks for that, This is truely such a stunning LO, I just adore the hues of the background & photo
    Your little wee one is such a beauty she sets it off perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy......this turned out so gorgeous. Everything goes together so well and of course another pic of your darling little princess. This is probably one of my faves that you have created...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish I could spend the day with you, learning your techniques, Lucy! You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to amaze me! This is etheral, I love it!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh I like the layes in color and texture. very lovely indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy...this is GORGEOUS! I think it is one of my favorites too. You did an amzing job. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute little pricess. love the design and all the details. great priece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Lucy, this is just amazing and stunning! I have never tried doing mixed media art, but you are inspiring me to try it! Hope you had a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful, and something you and your daughter will be able to cherish in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucy i've given you an award, it's on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucy, You are just rocking with creativity lately? Wow you are blowing me away!!! this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.