Friday, July 11, 2008

Couple of new LOs & Blog Award

Just a couple of LOs I did using the June Bad Girls kit!


I so love this photo of us kissing! I soaked the photo in water for about 20 minutes and then sanded - I think I got a little crazy with the sanding, though! I saw Tim Holtz do this technique on his blog - where you stamp an image in clear embossing powder and paint over it - let the paint set up a bit and then wipe away. The embossing acts as a resist showing the paper below. I thought it turned out pretty cool! I tried lots of different paints but the only one that worked well for me was the Adirondack Dobbers. I guess the paint is pretty thick.


These photos have been printed since last summer and I could never get them to work out right in a LO until this one. The challenge was using strips of paper - which is a different look for me. But I do like the end result!



And last but not least, I want to thank my friend Karen for giving me this award! Thanks so much!! I am flattered that anyone would like my blog enough to nominate it!! ;)

Well, the weekend is finally here and we are still sick at our house! I hate the summer flu!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry you guys are sick! Both those layouts are awesome, and I especially like that resist technique - turned out very cool and funky! And I can see why you love that photo!! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are fabulous. The pic of all three of you sharing a kiss is precious and the layout with Emma is just so sweet(as always). Hope you guys feel better soon :) Don't get sick on me cuz who will I call then, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lo's Lucy, great idea now for me to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lay outs are beautiful! I love how your kissing lay out turned out! I'm going to try the sanding on the picture aswell!

    Merel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.