Sunday, May 11, 2008

Beauty - Mixed Media

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you moms had a wonderful day!


I have been doing lots of scrapbooking and my love for mixed media keeps pulling me to try new things. Just finished up my DT work projects for Scrapmuse & felt like working with something new. So here it is:




I started by using a new glimmer screen (which is like a detailed stencil) with glimmer mists sprayed over canvas & then removed the screen & lightly misted with a tea dye stain that I made from distress inks.



Then I stamped my image & colored in with chalks. I tore the edges & layered with a black torn layer with a gold leafed edge. I love this stamp by Christine Adolph.




I then began layering to quilt the front together with the following layers - bottom - cotton quilt batting, fabric, crumpled paper and the dyed canvas. I machine quilted the layers together aroung the edge of the canvas & then on the outside, too.


Then I mounted it on a foam core board and mitered the edges. The back has paper on it now & looks a lot neater.


I finished by adding some lace and of course flowers & some bling! The charm is a shrink art piece I had done useing the same stamp. I took this picture at night so you can't see it so well.


I think I will add some closeups tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. What a piece of art Lucy! Gorgeous! Can't decide what element I like the best...I love them all! Came out very cool. Happy Moms Day to you, hope your day was special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty....your fabric techniques add such a pretty touch.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy this is absolutely gorgeous! Where did you get that incredible butterfly stamp?? hope you had a Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so amazing- loving the stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! REALLY beautiful!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy...it is fabulous. So glad that you showed some close-ups as you know i wanted to see the little shrinky piece. It is too cute...love that little added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the close up shots are great! Glad you added those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome! I had to wait until morning for better light. Thanks for all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.