Friday, April 18, 2008

ScrapMuse April Projects!!!

Well, I can finally share what I did with the ScrapMuse April kit!! This month I am a guest DT member for them. The newsletter just came out this evening. I wrote a step-by-step instruction on the altered journal that I did with the kit - it is in the newsletter if you would like to see it. I did a gel medium transfer with the photo & them collaged the covers & inked.







Then I made 3 Layouts with the kit.



On Posing - I stamped the camera stamp randomly on the green background with Versamark to make my own coordinating paper.

The little quote on the card is something Em repeats from one of her favorite shows right now. Max & Ruby. Whenever she is making a card she always wants the "bluebird of happiness sticker". Of course, I think she is too cute. But then I'm the mommy. :)

I was really challenged to use this kit but ended up loving it! I have noticed my work has changed just from pushing myself & not choosing what I think is the perfect paper, embellishment or letters. It has made me look at my work with new eyes and that alone is the best thing being on a DT has done for me.

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, that's awesome. The cover is gorgeous. I love what you did. Em is such wonderful subject material...lovely Lucy, perfectly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow........these are all stunning! Love all the colors(are you sick of me saying that, lol). I think my faves are the journal and the card. That card is the cutest and love the little story on the phrase.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.