Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New York Beauty in the Garden

This is a wall quilt I pieced before Em was born & then free-motion machine quilted. It is my favorite quilt that I have done. The pattern is by Karen K. Stone who is unbelievably talented. Her use of color is amazing. My version I called Sunset in the Garden because of the floral backgrounds to each block.






I have it hanging on the wall in our great room. I can't believe that I did all of those little pieces & intricate quilting. It is my pride & joy.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your Quilt is AMAZING !!!!!!!!! I luv it- I have given quilting a try but this is way beyond what I could have done- but then again all of your projects here are great !

    Norma Kennedy from AMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could do that. :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not seen this before? I have been in your house on more than one occasion and apparently looked right past this. I knew that you sewed but I didn't realize you did this kind of work. It is beautiful! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing to myself that you qualified that with "before Em was born"...thinking to myself that just being able to have the presence of mind to piece that would require all your marbles... :) and would be a challenge with a wee one around. It is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, ha, Lori! This was def a before children project. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.