Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Grandma


I just finished this LO about my grandma with the kit from A Million Memories. They have had a fun challenge weekend going on called Scrapcation. This is for one of the challenges. It has been in my head for a while & I have wanted to use this picture for so long. The papers are by Websters papers & I love the vintage feel to them. I also copied the layered buttons from my friend Gayle who just used them beautifully on an altered plate from our group.

My grandma was a wonderful woman & I love her dearly. She always said that she thought she had seen this face before about me. She always thought I looked like her. I am also her namesake & her baby's baby. My journaling is the 10 things I love most about...my grandma:

1. She loved her family.
2. She loved nature & collected rocks.
3. She loved coffee.
4. She always wore a blouse with a collar. And skirts.
5. She loved to play cards.
6. She was kind.
7. She had beautiful green eyes. Like my daddy.
8. I was named after her.
9. She was my grandma.
10. She loved me.

I really miss her.

5 comments:

  1. Lucy,
    This is GORGEOUS! I love these papers from the April kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this, I miss my Grandma too..they sound so much alike too.
    And isn't it funny how everything Grandma cooked always tasted good...it was all the love they put into the food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lucy!!! Love the details with the flowers!

    I know how you feel about missing your grand-ma, I miss mine too. we lost her last July and I think about her everyday. I should do a lo like you did, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic page, Lucy! I love the photo of your grandmother...you really do look at lot like her! The flower border and Prima swirls are beautiful!

    Christine

    P.S.
    Congrats on being chosen for Patti's sketch DT! I can't wait to see your work with her sketches! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy...this is one of my favorites of yours...it is just so beautiful. You have a gift of getting the sentiments across verbally and visually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.