Monday, April 14, 2008

Fabric Paper

I was the instructor for our technique in the altered club on Sunday and I taught fabric paper. This is an awesome layering process where you collage patterned papers & stamped or printed tissue paper on muslin with watered down decoupage glue.

The results are always so different & I have used this to make backgrounds for assemblages, cards, book covers, and so many more things. I first read about this process in Mixed Media Exploration by Beryl Taylor. You know how much I love her work if you have been following my blog for a while.




These are the two pieces I made in the class time. They are approx 12x14 so a great size to cut up for other projects. If you would like to try it out just make sure you stamp with Stazon or else the ink will run in the glue. I also sprinkle some pigment powders in mine to give some sparkle. You can also add fabric, fibers, alngelina, glitter - just use your imagination. If you try it please send me a picture so I can see your results!

Everyone really enjoyed the project & we had a wonderful time sharing our altered plates. They were all so beautiful & unique! I will see if I can get some pictures of the others to share.

5 comments:

  1. those photographed nicely...I had the best time, I need to take a picture of mine. You are such a great teacher and I'd have to say a good time was had by all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique and your pieces are awesome. I love the bottom one. I am going to have to make some of these again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just way too cool. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you did a great thing with those papers!!!! how awesome! love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved this technique..it's my new favorite thing. You did a great job teaching us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.