Thursday, April 10, 2008

Explore Art - A Mixed Media Project

This is a 7 Gypsies accordion book that I made into an altered art exploration. Last year I took a class with Michele Charles from Ranger & was totally hooked on altered. I just wanted a project to experiment on & try out new techniques. It also feeds one of my other addictions - rubber stamps. :)









I haven't finished the purse that it goes into but I don't think it will fit anyway!
Nan gave me the coolest quote the other day - I guess she was tired of hearing my agonize over my work. It seems to apply to most of us who doubt our work & are always looking for validation. I am in this category often.
"The greater the artist the greater the doubt; perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize." - Robert Hayes in Time
Now, not that I am calling myself a great artist or anything but we all need encouragement. lol



6 comments:

  1. Well I AM calling you a great artist!LOL! You are so good at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lucy!! This is amazing! So many great things to look at! Love it.
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love your blog. I just added you to my blog roll!

    Have a great day!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy...this is absolutely gorgeous. Love all the beautiful vibrant colors you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lucy! that's beautiful! the colours are all so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies! It is one of my favorite altered projects that I have done. I am glad you liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.