Wednesday, April 2, 2008

5 dresses

This LO is incredibly special to me & I wanted to share it with you. My grandma made the 5 dresses in the smaller picture for her daughters by hand in 1954. My mom wasn't born yet & so in the other picture my mom is being held by my grandma, wearing one of the same dresses handed down.

The green fabric & button card is from my grandma's sewing basket. The blue pp & frame are digital & the other papers are by K&Co., Prima & MM.

My grandma is 90 now & has always had this picture in her house. I was thrilled when she sent it to me to copy so I could use it. This is something I will always treasure.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome LO Lucy ! I loved the photos and the story when I heard it and now it is even more beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy this is a very touching LO .
    Ireally love your work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lo!!! What a wonderful keepsake to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the history in the LO Lucy, i see where you get you creativity from...it runs in the family, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage feel of this page...simply beautiful, Lucy!

    It's award time and because you inspire me, I'm awarding you the Art Award! :-D Details are on my blog.

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe at your talent. Amazing work!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it, love it, love it....and I have to retract earlier statement, this one my eye went right to photos.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy...you are so lucky to have pics like these. How I wish that I had some of my grandparents. This layout is gorgeous. I love how you did the journaling just peeking out from behind the other papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.