Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shop Samples

Gayle & I are starting to make shop samples for our local scrapbook store (Scrappy Papers). It is especially challenging to me because the owner wants them to be pretty simple so that new scrappers won't be intimidated by all of the embellishments & complicated LOs. So how do you keep your work still "you" & yet simplified? I am working toward a happy medium - I hope. :) I don't want to sound critical because not even a year ago I thought I wouldn't ever be able to do a 12x12 without assistance from Gayle. But I am very happy to be showing others how to do LOs & combining papers. It is exciting to encourage & teach others something you love.

So anyway, here is my first sample:



The pp are all Basic Grey & I cut the pp into strips on the side & layered & overlapped them. Just added a few simple cross stitches and an old photo of me & my dad that I love. I think I was 6 or 7 in this photo. The journaling reads: My dad always made me feel so safe in his arms. Love you, Daddy. Chipboard letters by Cosmo Cricket & jewels by MAMBI.

I am working on 2 others that are almost done.

And I am trying to finish my altered item for the A Million Memories DT call. I'll post those projects when I can. Happy Easter to everyone tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful layout. You do the best tribute things. I love that you do that!!
    Happy Easter to you and your family from us over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Lucy! I can't wait to see the others that you're working on! I'm also looking forward to seeing your altered project for the AMM DT call! Good luck!

    Have a blessed Easter! :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this photo of you and your dad. The layout is very beautiful, I know this was a struggle. We do have our challenges don't we. Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.