Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Charms....

for our altered group swap - not my personal. ;) I have been working for days on these charms. Whew....first i thought i would use shrink plastic but they were too unpredictable. (or i was trying to add too many elements) finally settled with this.

So here is my creative process:

1. Paint fusible web with metallic acrylic paints & let dry

2. Paint iron-on interfacing (non-woven) with Dye-na-Flo or inks

3. Paint chipboard with gold metallic paint.

4. Iron web to one side of chipboard. Use a non-stick sheet or parchment paper& don't peel off until cool. Then iron interfacing to other side of chipboard. (I experimented with ironing the fusible web to canvas, paper towels, & to the painted interfacing with various results which I loved but weren't stable enough for my project. see ex.

My friend, Nan has really gotten me into this palette of green & blues. Don't you just love it?

5. I then stamped both sides of my covered chipboard with various stamps & Stazon ink. Then layered with angelina, & sprinkled with different embossing powders. and then a coat of clear on top.

6. Cut your embellished chipboard into your desired size. Mine was 1" sq.



7. Emboss the edges with gold embossing powder & punch holes to set eyelets for jump rings.


8. I also wanted to add a dangle charm at the bottom & used a shell & glued a butterfly charm onto it. So attach your jump rings & you are ready to wear or give away your charm.



We have 10 ladies in this swap so I can't wait until Sunday to see what goodies I get. I'll post the results later. Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! This is fantastic! I don't think I could ever do something like that! But thanks for sharing how you made it. Will try when I get the courage:) Oh and I tagged you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are gorgeous Lucy...I love them! You work table looks much like mine, after I tidy it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you are fantastic! I wish I had half the talent you do!!!! :)

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.