Friday, February 29, 2008

New Layouts

I really love this new LO I finished this week. I told you it has been an inspired week! The Basic Grey die cuts made such a cute element on this page. I had to hold my breath when I started to write on the photo. My handwritten journalling is notoriously messy, but I make myself use it because I think it is important for Em to see the unique-ness.


This LO is hybrid the floral pp & frame is from Primahybrid http://www.primahybrid.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=19587&cat=0&page=1 & I just layered my photo over the journaling block & dropped the opacity, Printed then layered on a 12x12 & added embellishments. It seems that one of the current trends is simple pages. My personal style is usually busier with more details but I think this is simply beautiful.

On another note... I was very disappointed last night when I received an email from prima saying I didn't make the Garden Girl Team. But to quote Emma & Princess Jasmine "Keep trying, And never give up." It has been a lot of work attempting to get published or on a design team. I love my work & it is hard to be rejected based on it. But it challenges me to improve & plus you really don't know what they are currently looking for. I'll keep working on it. But I am going to focus on enjoying my work & creating from my heart & not what I think someone wants to see. Thanks to all my friends for their encouraging words & support.

5 comments:

  1. I love what you did with both of these! I just love those prima papers. I feel badly for your disappointment! But the two princesses (princessi?) are correct, keep trying, and don't give up. Those of us who know you think your work is great! And I'll say an amen to that handwriting thing...how many things have I had to toss due to normally decent penmanship, and when it comes to writing on a page of art I get all willy-nilly. Who knows where that comes from? Egad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I love your layouts! You are so incredibly talented. I am sorry about you not making the team... I am quite shocked you didn't. Your work is amazing. I know that there is a DT out there perfect just for you. Keep creating :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. You are very talented. Beautiful layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cute little face & all the rest that goes with it.

    Lucy's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the most talented person I have ever known...if you never make a DT, you have the most beautiful heirlooms to pass down to Emma. What a lucky girl she is! Keep trying...you'll make it very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.